Cart

Going Green Tips

Low Flow Showers

Low Flow Showers

By Emily Rackow February 11, 2019 |

    In most homes showers are the third largest water consumer.  The average shower of 8.2 minutes uses 20-25 gallons of water, multiply this number by 30 and that is 750 gallons of water per month per person in your house.  Try getting a low flow shower head that...

Read more

Coffee Pods

Coffee Pods

By Emily Rackow February 11, 2019 |

    Since the release of single use coffee pods, their popularity continues to climb year after year.  In fact they account for over 30% of ALL coffee sales.The two biggest manufactures of the pods Nespresso and Keurig together produce over 40 billion pods per year.  All of these pods...

Read more

Plastic Shopping Bags

Plastic Shopping Bags

By Emily Rackow February 11, 2019 |

    Plastic bags are one of the most widespread types of litter, worldwide over 500 BILLION plastic bags are consumed each year, it is estimated that only 0.50% of these bags are recycled.  The rest of these bags go head to landfills and oceans.The bags pose a big risk...

Read more

Washing Dishes

Washing Dishes

By Emily Rackow February 11, 2019 |

    What uses less water, a dishwasher or washing by hand?  The answer is clear to see, a dishwasher is the winner.Most dishwashers these days are Energy Star certified, the average Energy Star dishwasher uses 4 gallons of water per cycle. The average faucet flows at 2 gallons per...

Read more

Household Cleaners

Household Cleaners

By Emily Rackow February 11, 2019 |

    Most household cleaners have chemicals, a lot of chemicals.  Some of those chemicals include, Phthalates, Perchloroethylene or “PERC”, Triclosan, Quarternary Ammonium Compounds, or “QUATS”, 2-Butoxyethanol, Ammonia, etc…  The list goes on and on, there are over 62 chemicals found in most cleaning supplies. These chemicals are extremely bad for the environment...

Read more

Water Bottles

Water Bottles

By Emily Rackow February 11, 2019 |

    Bottled water causes a huge pollution problem and uses up a lot more resources than tap water.   Every year we go through 50 billion bottles of water, only 20% of those bottles are recycled.  The other 80% make it to landfills and the oceans killing animals and...

Read more

Razors

Razors

By Emily Rackow February 11, 2019 |

    Around 2 billion razors are thrown away each year.  What makes that LARGE number even worse is that razors are made from multiple materials so they cannot be recycled, which means every single one of those razors makes it to the landfill. On average each person shaves 3...

Read more

Paper Towels

Paper Towels

By Emily Rackow February 11, 2019 |

    Did you know over 13 billion pounds (3,000 tons) of paper towels are used every year in the US alone?  That is equivalent to 80 rolls of paper towels per person per year!   The convenience of paper towels is using up precious resources.  It takes 110 million trees and...

Read more

Electricity

Electricity

By Emily Rackow February 11, 2019 |

All plugged in appliances are using electricity even when not in use, this is called “standby, vampire or phantom mode”.  Some examples are appliances, phone chargers, electric toothbrushes, power tools, cable boxes, your T.V., etc…  It is estimated that 5% of all residential electricity is consumed by electronics in standby...

Read more

Laundry

Laundry

By Emily Rackow February 11, 2019 |

  Did you know using warm water to wash your clothes is one of the largest uses of energy in your home?It is estimated that 90% of the energy your washer uses goes to heating the water.  Switching your machine from warm to cold water can keep 1,600 pounds of...

Read more

Newsletter

Recent Post

Don't Take Our Word For it! Here's What Our Customers Think:

Added to cart!
Together We Can Make A Difference! Change this XX to Qualify For Free Shipping You Have Achieved Free Shipping Free Shipping On All US Orders Free Shipping On All US Orders Free Shipping On ALL US Orders You Have Achieved Free Shipping Change this XX to Qualify For Free Shipping You Have Achieved Free Shipping
Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/booster-discounts.liquid